Saturday, April 18, 2009

RSV






Greyson started running a fever Sunday as well as coughing and not wanting to eat. I took him in on Mon and Tue morning to the pediatrician but he thought it was just a virus due to how late in the season we wre for RSV. Wednesday morning Grey woke up very congested with no appetite and was turning blue around the lips when he had a coughing fit. He also had not eaten but 2-3 times the day before and when he did he would throw up and not hold anything down. My dad and I took him to the ER Wed morning where he was given an IV and oxygen. They admitted him and he stayed for 2 nights. I am so thankful that Greyson responded well to fluids and oxygen and that we are on the mend. He is still not as hungry as normal, but we are watching for wet diapers and I am pumping so we can see how many ounces he takes. Please oray for a full recovery and that he will once again want to nurse when he is well (right now it is too hard to suck, swallow and breath).

7 comments:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Praying for you Greyson! Hope he gets back to 100% soon!

Laura said...

I am praying for him! Let me know if there is anything your family needs.

Matthew and Naomi said...

Sweet baby boy! I will be praying for his recovery and for the rest of the family as well. He is precious!

Jenny said...

Sarah,

I'm praying for you all. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Jenny

Rachel said...

Poor little guy!!! I am so glad that he is home and doing well!!

Avery said...

It was great seeing you today! Let's get together soon.

Shannon said...

We could not be happier that Greyson is back at home and well. Your dear friend Whitney kept us updated, and it was a joy to pray with you and for you. God's grace to all of you, sweet friend!