Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Homemade Play Dough

One of the ladies from the Mother of Twins Club that I am a part of shared a play dough recipe with us and i thought I would pass it along!!! Have fun!

-1 cup salt
-2 cups flour
-2 tablespoons cream of tartar
-4 tablespoons baby oil
-2 cups water
-between 1/4 and 1/2 bottle Wilson color Gel (I have only found it at Super Walmart in the cake decorating section)

-mix dry ingredients first
-then add wet ingredients (if it looks a little dry, add a little more baby oil)
-mix in color gel last (put in as much as you would like to get your desired color)

-then heat electric skillet or large pan
-cook it until warm and it has correct consistency (just a minute or two, usually), stirring constantly
(when I made this at school, I always kept a wooden spoon just for this because the dye will stain your spoon)

store in air-tight container.

No comments: